Helpful Hints & Tips!
- Be sure to ask friends and family who wish to toast the bride and groom to do so at the rehearsal dinner. Leave the wedding toasts just to both sets of parents and perhaps the best man and maid or matron of honor. This allows your guests, and you ~ more time on the dance floor!
- It's best to start looking at wedding invitation selections as early as 6-9 months ahead .Please order your actual invitations 4-6 months before the wedding. Note that most companies ship within 3-4 weeks, but it's best to feel comfortable that all is correctly done and in your hands on time. If you are tight on time we can show you wonderful lines that can ship very quickly.
- If you are thinking about sending a save the date it's good to get that in the mail between 4-6 months before the event. If it is planned for a holiday weekend, consider sending it earlier. Please see more information in our Save the Date hints/tips section.
- Brides ~ when choosing a font for your wedding invitations be sure you love the way your name and your groom's name looks in the style you have selected. It's ok if some words are not easily read, since most will be understood~ your names should look beautiful!
- It's fun to mail your invitations on a Wednesday or Thursday so that guests receive them on the weekend. It's great for a family to be home and see a beautiful invitation together.
- Consider numbering your reply cards in pencil on the back (small) and having the numbers correspond with your master list. This is so your guests can write personal notes. These notes will be lovely to read through the years.
- Ask us to assist you with etiquette or wording issues. We have the knowledge, the expertise and even a few Emily Post books if we are unsure! We also sell a book about letter writing if you need it.
- The best way to estimate your guest list is to first put on the most important and closest people to you ~ including you and your immediate family. Then, naturally each family gives you their list and you might have another list of second tier invites to send as well. Once you total all you can imagine inviting, please add 10% so that you will not run short on invitations, nor lose sleep at night when someone else comes to mind. If you bring these numbers to us we will help you determine just how many invitations to order. Perhaps we will just suggest ordering additional envelopes only. Now ~ a restful night...
- When sending a wonderful invitation many people also wish to have special postage stamps. You may have a photo ready to use or another idea for which you can create a custom stamp. We suggest going online to Zazzle.com and if you want a special theme but not an entirely custom stamp, scroll down on this site and see many great stamps with flowers, designs of all types and several ideas you might love. This is quicker and often perfectly what you hoped to find.
- If you are using custom or special postage you also may want to have your envelopes hand cancelled. Many post offices have their own policies for this but the general rule is as follows: If you buy your postage at a particular post office, ask at that time if they will hand cancel. If they agree, they likely will tell you to save your receipt and bring it in with the envelopes on the day you wish them mailed.
- The date you choose for your guests to reply is also something we would like you to discuss with us. We will advise you after giving you a few different scenarios.
- Please remember to take one entire set of your completed invitations when they arrive and go with this to your post office to have it weighed. It is not a good thing to guess nor wait until the last minute!!!
Save The Date
- A save the date is a great way to get everyone excited about your wedding or any event. Perhaps you'd like a style with your photos or relating to your personalities. Be sure to start looking for these about 6-9 months before your wedding and even sooner if you are planning a destination wedding or it is on a holiday weekend. The fun starts here...
Bar / Bat Mitzvah
- Ask us if anyone in your child's school has selected an invitation similar to the one you're interested in. We will be sure there are no duplications!
- Begin to look for invitations 5-6 months ahead and if you are tight on time, we generally can turn around a great order in 3-4 weeks.
- Consider computer addressing for your child's Bar or Bat Mitzvah invitation envelopes. It is a bit more casual and quite commonly done. Economically, it is smart as well. Naturally, we have several wonderful calligraphers too.
- We suggest many alternative styles of teen thank you notes that we can order or have in stock and can imprint. You do not ever have to order the matching cards that are shown with your selected invitation set. Our other selections are often much more economical and appropriate for your teen.
- In stock we offer many, many styles of table cards which we can reorder if you need a large quantity.
- Need a gift in a hurry? Lunch date? Holiday gift? Stop by to get an initialled pad or post-it set or order a custom note card or group of pads to arrive in 7-10 days.
- Did you know that we do custom gift wrapping? Your friend may have brought a gorgeous gift wrapped box to a bridal shower or birthday party and you wondered if she wrapped it herself. Instead it might have been done by us!! Bring us your boxed gift, choose the wrap or ask us to do so and you'll be the one walking into the event with the best looking package.
- If you purchase a gift that requires shipping or wish an order that you place to be drop shipped to you, just let us know. We can ship all over the U.S. as well as overseas.
- Do you need a quick invite? Come in and select from hundreds of sharp imprintables and even the majority of custom companies. The imprintables can be completed in one week or less and custom invites often within 2-3 weeks. You will not be settling ~ these are great, quick companies!
- When writing a thank you note always try to begin with a few sentences showing why you love the gift and how you plan to use it. You can show how happy you were that this person attended the event also. Then ~ add the thank you at the end. This shows your personality and appreciation first.
- Let us know if you often like to send very cool, but reasonably priced note pad sets, stationery ensembles or custom napkins. We will add you to our mailing list so that you receive a few small catalogs that some of our manufacturers produce. These orders often arrive in 7-10 business days. Some come even sooner. Great for last minute gifts as well.
- Keep us in mind for your business announcements and stationery needs.
- Planning a business event? This can be handled quickly, efficiently and beautifully with some selections from our very respected suppliers or our in-stock invitations. We understand when you have an urgent request and we deliver.
Calendars & Agendas
- Filofax refills and new styles of agendas arrive by July every year. Call or come in to have one reserved for you.
- Lallie calendars are on order for 2012 so make arrangements to reserve yours now. These replaced the Consortium calendars that everyone loved for many years. They are very cool and also leave room for notes. They were sold out last year so call us or come by to tell us how many you would like.
- Lett's agendas come in various sizes and they usually arrive by September.